On January 18, 1909, a Chamber of Commerce first organized in Jackson, but by 1937 the chamber lapsed into inactivity. In May 1957, however, J. T. Beckham and Vincent Jones re-organized the Butts County Chamber of Commerce at a meeting in the courthouse with 123 charter members formed out of the Downtown Merchants Association. The first officers were: Vincent Jones, president; J. T Beckham, vice-president; Elizabeth McMichael, secretary and Candler Webb, treasurer. On June 7, 1957, the Butts County Chamber of Commerce officially registered with the Georgia Secretary of State’s Corporations Division ( History of Butts County Georgia, 1825-1976, Revised Edition, 2012).
Today, our mission is to grow a dynamic business and community environment within Butts County. Our purpose is to advance commercial, industrial, and civic interest in Butts County and for its membership at large.